Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dentist

I went to the dentist today. I had stains behind my top center teeth that Dr. Shain noticed might be slightly 'sticky' at my last cleaning, so I needed two fillings. Truth be told, I had started using Listerine whitening mouthwash, which is supposed to loosen stains, so I wandered if maybe the stickiness was just front he loosening of the stain. (I drink way too many cokes. This causes the little creases on the underside of my teeth to get stained.) Anyhoo, I didn't even mention this, because I figured she would know if that was the case.

So I went in today and she told me that generally, people consider the shots that she would need to give me above my upper front gums to be some of the absolute worst, and she suggested that I try getting the fillings without the shots. She said it might hurt less than the shots. I went for it. I only felt the deep piercing nerve feeling three times, and each time it went away instantly, not lingering. Had the nerve feeling lingered, I would have wanted the shots right away! Shockingly, I was able to get both of my fillings without any pain meds. Yes! I hate the numb mouth feeling, and I managed to avoid it. It did give me a slight headache to feel all that vibration in my head, but otherwise, I am good to go.

No comments: