Friday, August 31, 2007

Good food in the boro

If you haven't tried Golden Eagle yet, you really should. We went last weekend and I have been dying to go back ever since. It is Mongolian stir fry, and you get a bowl when you are seated. You go to the bar and fill your bowl with your choice of meats and veggies. Then you sprinkle on your choice of seasonings and choose your sauces. In just a few minutes, a chef cooks it up on a huge grill in front of you. You also choose your starch (I chose fried rice and added an egg for 50 cents) and then you get a large bowl with all of your meat, veggies and starch stir fried together. It is absolutely delicious. I highly recommend it. My only complaint is the kids' menu. It is limited to a kids bowl from the bar or macaroni and cheese. They need to add another choice. Otherwise, I LOVE this new place. It is a definite favorite.

It is only $8.99 for one bowl or $12.99 for the endless bowl. I got the regular bowl but added extra fried rice and an egg. I received so much food, I ate some left overs that night, another full meal of left overs the next day AND Phillip had a little bit of my leftovers the next day. I would have had enough to take some home without the extra rice. Thus I'd say it is a good deal.

No comments: