Sunday, September 13, 2009

What's going on in our world

The weekend started off with some really sweet girls heading to Blockbuster to choose a movie after a pizza dinner! We came home with a Scooby Doo flick and Coraline. Later, delicious white chocolate macadamia nut cookies were served upstairs on our silver Aurthur Court bunny tray. Needless to say, it was a night of indulgence but sometimes it's fun to be a little spoiled! If it helps, we did take a nice walk around the neighborhood to get our blood pumping.

The next day, we had plans to go to tailgating at the MTSU Blackout game. However, Phillip woke up Saturday motivated to get some things done around the house and we had a change of plans. Furthermore, the kids were being a little sniffly and whiney. It was disappointing to bail on seeing our friends but truthfully, I was completely exhausted anyway. Meanwhile, Phillip located my old lava lamp from college and cleaned it up. I got said lava lamp for either my 21st birthday or Christmas that same year from Casey and I have always loved it! I had wanted to retrieve it from the storage closet outside for a while so that I could put it in the girls' bedroom. They were so happy to watch it as they drifted off to sleep last night! My best friend, Mandy, has one in her house, and that got them interested. They were too excited to find out that I had one, too!

Today we headed to Franklin to visit Phil's parents. I ran over to the mall for a few things but otherwise we just had a nice relaxing visit. Tonight I do believe we'll be watching the VMAs...and that's basically a wrap for this weekend.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Ha! I can't believe you still have that lava lamp. I'm so happy the girls liked it. Who doesn't like them? :)