Monday, September 21, 2009

On this weekend...

I totally stole the style of my title from Angel.

Anyhoo, this weekend was the bomb. Like the atom bomb. Awesome. And painful, but I digress.

Friday night, we hosted Mandy and Neil for a little sleepover/birthday celebration for Mandy! We had a ball. The kids spent the night at my parents' house and we stayed up late giggling just like we did in 6th grade. Saturday, Mandy, Neil and I hung out around the house while Phil went and got the kids.

He took them to Franklin, where his brother's wife, Aunt Melissa, took Miles on a shopping spree for her upcoming birthday! Miles scored two skirts, a blouse, some knee socks, some adorable new mary janes, an awesome coat and a Build-A-Bear unicorn. Lola got a unicorn, too. Then his parents asked if the girls could stay the night.

Saturday night found us at Shea's house for a birthday party for Jen and Shea. Good times and plenty of laughs with a group of awesome friends! THEN it happened. As we were leaving, I slipped on Shea's front steps. It literally happened as I was warning Phillip not to slip because the rain had made them super slick. I have a mammoth sized bruise on my right booty cheek and another on my back. Ouch. Super ouch. I'm in pain. Regardless, it was extremely fun.

Sunday, I did a few chores around the house while Phil went and got my babies. Then we watched the rest of the Titans game before I made the cookies for mini fruit pizzas. The girls helped make their own concoctions once the cookies cooled. Very delicious, if I do say so myself! I made Lola a new blankie and patched Miles' old blankie with two silly hearts that I zigzagged into place. Mandy and Neil came over again after the girls went to bed and Neil promptly took a power nap on my living room floor. I swear, how that boy can sleep on hard wood floor is beyond me. We talked about putting a bed back up in the extra bedroom since we already know that they'll spend a lot of time here this winter. I just can't have someone sleeping on my floor on a regular basis. The thought of that makes my back hurt.

Needless to say, seeing so many friends this weekend was awesome, but we're ready for a new week around the Brown household. We are also praying for sunny days, since I currently feel like I live in Seattle!

PS Here is my super easy version of fruit pizza. I included the extracts for added flavor and I recommend using the small cookies because a big one gets soggy:

Base:

1 package break apart sugar cookie cough

Cream cheese spread:

1 bar of softened cream cheese
1 T of frozen orange juice concentrate
About 4 heaping tablespoons of marshmallow creme
splash of almond extract
splash of vanilla extract

Topping:

About half a pound of fresh pineapple (about half a cored pineapple), 1 container of strawberries, one kiwi, 1 pint of blueberries

Break cookies apart. Use 1.5 squares for each cookie so they will be a little bigger. Bake as directed. Cool completely. Meanwhile, mix all cream spread ingredients together, whipping it up real good. Set to the side or better yet, refrigerate. Chop pineapple into small cubes, slice strawberries, slice and peel kiwi. Mix all fruit together with the blueberries.

Allow people to build their own mini fruit pizza using 1 cookie with a layer of cream cheese mixture topped by fresh fruit mixture. Yummmmmm-my!!!!

1 comment:

Casey said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I'm glad you had so much fun. You already know that I love that you fell down. Love it!