Monday, February 23, 2009

Wartrace, really?

So, it won't actually materialize, but Phillip and I found a beautiful home in Wartrace that we'd love to have. It was built in or before 1900 and sits a large lot in 'downtown' Wartrace. Just looking at the pictures make me feel like it could foster my aspirations as a writer of southern fiction! I can just picture my girls climbing the huge, old trees in the yard or playing Red Rover, Red Rover with friends on the lush green grass.

Like I said, it won't ever work out, but I can dream right? Actually, the price isn't the problem. The price is very right, but it would be 29 miles from my parents' house, which is something that I can not do under any circumstance. Yes, it makes me feel like my life would be right out of 'To Kill a Mockingbird' or could be written by Flannery O'Connor, but I can't be that far. I am well aware that some people will think I'm silly for that, but those people don't have my parents. My parents help me out so much with my kids, plus, I would totally panic over not seeing them as much. I can't move any farther away than I already am.

No comments: