Friday, August 24, 2007

Insomnia, Part II

So I have recently learned that several other ladies I know consider themselves to be insomniacs. They all report that their husbands sleep fine. Hmmmm. This makes me wonder. Why is it just us?

Today, I learned that two different people I know take Tylenol PM so that they can go to sleep at a regular hour. This is not scandalous;. I have been known to take Benadryl. Or other stuff in my medicine cabinet left over from miscellaneous surgeries LOL. However, I was surprised they told me. Tylenol PM knocks me out for like a day and a half. Tylenol PM is like Meprergan to me. Give me a darvicet, I'm fine. Sometimes even Benadryl doesn't make me sleepy. But give me some tylenol PM and I'll see you in a couple of days.

Now let me ponder for a minute something else I am confused about. When you have surgery, the doctor gives your medicine because you will have pain. Why have I encountered person after person who feels that they can not take it? I don't mean to sound like a junky, but if I am going to be laid up in the bed recuperating, I am going to be in the zone, via some prescribed medications. I am just saying...

No comments: