Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My besties are 4 and 6...

This summer is shaping up to be the best summer of my life. Man, it is so hard to even think about topping the summers of my childhood! I just can't get over how much happiness I get from spending time laughing with my girls. It feels so good to have Miles at home with me. I think I had missed her more than I realized!

I guess this summer's big leap in improvement is partially because they are older and more able to have fun this year at ages 4 and 6, to be exact. Another helpful factor is our involvement in organized sports. Miles played spring soccer and Lola is playing teeball. (PS I'm Lola's teeball coach.)

We have been able to go to the lake and pool without as much worry and to get out of the house for some exercise through their sports. Miles can read now, so sometimes she snuggles with a book. Lola is more than happy to sit in the floor and play dollhouse, My Little Pony or Polly Pocket for literally hours at a time. They are both easier to please when it comes to healthy foods that I feel good about. They have been precious. And evil. But precious more often than evil. ;)

Here's to hoping for an entire phenomenal summer of sweet memories with my two little best friends. The three of us are pals and I like it.

No comments: