Tuesday, September 15, 2009

When I say D, you say A, When I say DA you say R!

I am joining the Daughters of the American Revolution. I was asked to join by Mrs. Betsey Murphree at my Junior League meeting and she told me last night that they voted yes on me. We got a little tickled because I didn't even know I was officially under consideration and did not actually intend to apply until next year, but it's cool.

I am a ninth generation DAR. My great, great, great, great, great, great, grandfather, Captain Hans Heinrich Felder, led colonial troops to victory over British soldiers in the South Carolina low country in a few different battles. The period piece movie "All for Liberty" was based on his troops. So there you go. You can learn something new about me everyday if you want to. LOL!

I'll let you know how it goes; I'm not really sure what to expect. Betsey told me they get together for dinner once a month, all sharing a blood link to our country's beginning, to surround themselves with other people who have an interest in preserving our country's history. I can dig that.

No comments: