Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Boots!

Last night I made an attempt to find leather knee boots. Not all man made, not pleather. Leather. I was really surprised to find that after stopping at Rack Room, Stein Mart, Belk, Dillard's, Penney's, Sears, Goody's and some shoe store in the mall, I only saw four pairs of real leather knee boots. EVERYTHING was man made pleather. (I wouldn't really expect to find real leather knee boots at Goody's, but I went ahead and checked.) The ones that I did find were at Belk and Dillard's. At Dillard's, the only ones without some distinguishing item like a giant buckle or a patent toe piece, were $190 Borns. I loved them, but they weren't on sale and I am not paying $200 for something that will be between my feet and the dirty pavement.

The best part was the little naive salesgirl at Dillard's telling me that I wouldn't find leather for under almost $200 b/c there just weren't any to be found anymore. I laughed and told her that I could find some for under $100. When I got home Phillip told me about a sale at Off Broadway, and I am happy to say that I went there today. They had a large selection of leather knee boots that were all on sale for around $100, $90 or $70. So "HA!" Dillard's girl! HA! The ones I bought might not be Born brand, but I love them and I never set out looking for a big name, just real leather knee boots in black, which is what I got.

No comments: