- Parchment paper: Parchment paper is a must in any kitchen. Tear off a length to line your pans and it will be sooo easy to rinse them clean. Use it for the kids to play Moon Sand on to avoid a mess. Or at least a bigger mess than necessary.
- Disposable foil pans: An absolute must for bringing casseroles, dips or cakes to events when you don't mind a shabby pan. Also a must for cooking things that are hard to get out of the pan; just throw these away and save yourself the trouble of cleaning the pan.
- Good paper towels: That commercial currently airing really is true! You won't use near as many, so the value comes out the same. You might pay more for the Vista or Bounty, but the rolls last longer, so it all comes out in the wash. You might as well buy the good ones that feel more like a cloth.
- Steakhouse Grinder seasoning: This seasoning is my staple ingredient. I'm lost without it. I get a lot of compliments on my cooking, and while I know part of it is patience and experience, I'm fully aware that the steakhouse grinder adds the perfect flavor to chicken, steaks, fish, potatoes, carrots and dips.
- Aveda Universal Styling Creme: Literally, the only product that has ever succeeded at taming my cowlicks and keeping my naturally wavy hair from frizzing in the humidity. And now I've gotten Phillip hooked on it...
- Clorox wipes: I won't even remotely consider reverting back to spray cleaners and rags again. I won't do it. I have spray cleaners on hand, but a Clorox wipe always does the job without bringing them out. For mirrors, Windex with newspaper, but otherwise, I want my Clorox wipes.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
A few of my favorite things...
So I've compiled a short list of basic/household things that I can not live without.