Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pears, pears, pears

Lola and Miles helped Mawmaw and PopPop pick pears last week.
Did I mention that they also helped them eat the pears??



Notice how well the antique jugs that have been around the house for my entire life now adorn the farmhouse porch! It looks amazing. My parents have such a sense for artisticly displaying their collections. Never would I have dreamed that they would put these outside! They are all very old! I can remember them sitting on the hearth or around the den when I was just knee high. I think they mostly came from an auction house in Louisiana in the 60's or 70's. These are the same jugs that my parents have reminded me at least 120 times to have appraised before "getting rid of them" after their demise. They don't trust me. Or my siblings. Everything in the house has been ordered to undergo appraisal before we "get rid of it". I don't quite think they realize that we probably won't "get rid of" much, since most of their stuff is awesome.

P.S. Ignore the way Lola seems to get away with wearing just a Pull Up at Mawmaw's house sometimes...

P.S.S. Yes, that is an extra fridge on the back porch. It houses Cokes. Seriously. With four kids, their four spouses and nine grandkids, I guess it makes sense.

No comments: