Saturday, August 2, 2008

Goin' back to school...

Time for a big announcement!

DRUM ROLL please...

On August 25th, MTSU begins the fall semester. And so do I!

I will only be taking two classes: Anatomy and Physiology 1 and basic Psychology. I am retaking psychology because I got a less than stellar grade before. It won't erase the D I got years ago but it will look good on my nursing school apps if I show that I have retaken it and gotten, hopefully, an A. I only got a D because I didn't care at the time. I should do far better this time.

It is funny. My first two years of college are spattered with a C or a D nearly every semester... amongst the A's and B's, mind you. Then my last two years are Dean's List...with at least a 3.5 GPA every semester after I took a little two semester break. It was a voluntary break. I wasn't suspended or anything like that. I just needed a break. When I went back, I was so much more focused. I expect that same situation this time around for my second degree.

Anyhoo, only time will tell how it works out, but at some point in the next three years, I should graduate as a real RN. Woot Woot!

2 comments:

Casey said...

I dont think I had any idea you wanted to be a nurse. That is awesome though.

I'm so sure you'll do awesome this semester though, although I do hear that A&P is 'challenging'!

Good Luck and Rock On!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, girl! I'm so excited for you. Weird timing, really... I've been thinking a lot about going back to school, too. Mike has one semester left after this one, we hope anyways, and I'm seriously considering starting back next summer or fall. I just really want to do it to say I did it like I wanted to, you know?

Anyways, I'm really glad for you and I hope it all goes very well! Yay, education!