Sunday, May 11, 2008

An eventful weekend

Mothers Day weekend has been fabulous...except for being sick. I somehow managed to get the worst allergy attack that I have had in a LONG time this weekend. Regardless, we had Cracker Barrel for breakfast on Saturday, enjoyed some shopping and downtime, had a nap and went to Carrabba's for dinner. Then we went to The Avenue for a little bit more shopping. We headed home, got the kids in bed and watched some tv and did some reading.

Sunday morning, I slept very late, thanks to a hefty dose of Benadryl Saturday night at a very late bedtime. We got ready and heading to my parents' house, where we had a delicious lunch of roast, vegetables and more. Peach cobbler was the perfect compliment to our lunch! After a while, we headed off to Franklin for a visit with Phillip's parents. Lola had a freak out and got scared of Uncle Steve in his baseball cap. Otherwise, our visit was relaxing and fun.

I got a gift certificate for a 90 minute massage at a really cool place and a set of wind chimes for our patio. This was quite possibly my best Mother's Day yet.

Two years ago on this holiday, I sat uncomfortably, hoping and praying for labor to begin. Baby Lola was positioned just right so that she made my side and back just shriek with pain. To be honest, I don't even remember any details at all about that day. I just remember that I was going through some severe pain in that last month and that the day before, we came thisclose to heading to the hospital. Miles had attended Mary Leigh's fifth birthday party, and truthfully, I spent at least 20 minutes hiding in the bathroom. Why? Because the only position that provided relief was lying down or sitting on a toilet with my knees wide apart and leaning backwards with my back arched sharply. But alas, my days of being preggers are over* and I can plan to enjoy my Mother's Day celebration from here on out!

*Karma will probably bite me for this comment with a little surprise some day.

2 comments:

Casey said...

Happy Mother's Day, indeed! :)

The massage will be fantastic. I'm jealous.

Lindsay said...

I made a similar comment like that yesterday, "Yea! I'm done having kids before I'm 30!" I said. I immediately regretted it!